Campus Safety Reports: Feb. 15-20
Published: Saturday, March 2, 2013
Updated: Saturday, March 2, 2013 17:03
Incidents of Note:
• Sunday, Feb. 17—Reckless Endangerment: Report received at 12:48 a.m. of a green SUV driving on the walkways (possibly intoxicated) causing a hazard in the McClellan and Penfield Hall area. Officers dispatched reported a check of the area with negative results.
• Wednesday, Feb. 20—Animals: A bat reported at 1:58 p.m. on the cork board in the elevator lobby of the seventh floor of Jonsson Tower. Officer dispatched. Bat was removed and no human contact made. Report issued.
Friday, Feb. 15:
• Medical: A student reported at 2:35 a.m. having a reaction to a medication but refused further medical attention. Report issued.
• Emergency Phone: Officer received an emergency phone activation at 2:40 a.m. with a male who stated he was drunk and going to drive. Officer dispatched to the area and canvassed it with negative results. Report issued.
• Suspicious Activity: People reported at 3:15 a.m. knocking on doors and causing a disturbance at Whitman Way. Officer advised the subjects that they were at the wrong building location.
• Suspicious Activity: A male subject observed at 3:40 a.m. in the Jonsson Tower parking lot who was believed not to belong on campus. Officers checked the area and were unable to locate the subject.
• Liquor Law Violation: A suspicious odor reported at 8:55 p.m. in Wilmarth Hall. Dispatched officer determined the source of the strong odor and upon investigation observed alcohol violations. Report issued.
Saturday, Feb. 16:
• Intoxicated Subject: Males reported carrying a female at 12:04 a.m. on Perimeter Road near Kimball Hall. Officer dispatched requested an Emergency Medical System notification for the intoxicated subject, which transported her to the Emergency Room. Report issued.
• College Violation: Noise complaint received at 12:37 a.m. at Howe Hall. Officer reported that a student was playing the keyboard. Subject agreed to lower the volume.
• Campus Safety Assist: Person reported at 12:38 a.m. being lost and would like directions back to the College from an off-campus location. Officer reported transporting the subject safely back to her residence. Report issued.
• Suspicious Odor: A natural gas odor detected at 1:25 a.m. near Wilson Chapel. Officers dispatched and canvassed the area with negative results.
• College Violation: Noise complaint received at 3:02 a.m. for the Hillside B Apartments. Officer dispatched reported a small group of students who complied with the request to lower the volume.
• Emergency Phone: Emergency blue light phone call activated at 11:55 p.m. at Dayton Drive. Officer dispatched reported no emergency. False activation.
• College Violation: Excessive noise reported at 2:11 a.m. at the Hillside Apartments. Officer spoke with students who complied with the request to lower the volume.
• Intoxicated Subject: A female appeared to be intoxicated at 5:18 a.m. in the lobby of Penfield Hall. Officers dispatched and subject was found responsive and alert. Officers escorted her to her room.
• Criminal Mischief: While conducting the south quad checks at 8:14 a.m. an officer reported finding holes in the basement walls of McClellan Hall. Report issued.
• Campus Safety Assist: Transport requested for two students at 4:47 p.m. from the Saratoga Springs Police Department from an off-campus location. Transport completed. Report issued.
• Liquor Law Violation: Officer reported a liquor law violation at 11:03 p.m. on the third floor of McClellan Hall. Report issued.
• Liquor Law Violation: Officers reported a liquor law violation at 11:14 p.m. on the third floor of Wiecking Hall. Report issued.
• Campus Safety Assist: An escort requested at 11:53 p.m. from Jonsson Tower to the subject’s North Woods residence due to an injury. Officer provided the transport.
Sunday, Feb. 17:
• Campus Safety Assist: A personal safety escort requested at 1:02 a.m. to her residence from Case Center. Officer dispatched provided the transport.
• Criminal Mischief: Officer reported criminal mischief at 1:37 a.m. in Penfield Hall. Officer observed toilet paper thrown in the center stairwell and also reported damage to an open closet on the second floor. Photos taken of damage. No one in the area. Report issued.
• Criminal Mischief: Officer reported observing a male student at 2:38 a.m. kick a hole in the wall in the northside stairwell between the first and second floors of McClellan Hall. Subject fled on foot. Photos of the damage taken. Report issued.
• Criminal Mischief: Officer reported a broken light lens at 2:39 a.m. on the first floor south stairwell of Wilmarth Hall. No known perpetrators or witnesses at this time. Facilities notified.
• College Violation: Noise complaint reported at 2:45 a.m. at Dayton Drive. Officers dispatched reported that residents lowered the volume of their voices upon the officer’s request.
• Larceny: A bicycle reported stolen at 4:05 p.m. from Cane Crossing. Officer dispatched and report issued.
• Accident: Person reported to Campus Safety at 8:45 p.m. after cutting his hand in the sculpture studio of the Sasselin Art building. Officer dispatched cleaned and wrapped the injury. Subject declined further medical attention. Report issued.
Monday, Feb. 18:
• Safety Check: Officer made a check at 10:32 a.m. of all Automated External Defibrillators and panic alarms on campus. All were found to be operational at the time.