Photographer Gregory Crewdson to give Malloy Lecture Feb. 22 at Skidmore
“Untitled” 2006, by Gregory Crewdson. Gregory Crewdson, Courtesy Gagosian Gallery
SARATOGA SPRINGS, N.Y. - Photographer Gregory Crewdson will present the Malloy Visiting Artist Lecture at Skidmore College on Friday, Feb. 22. Free and open to the public, the illustrated lecture will start at 6 p.m. in Filene Recital Hall, in the Filene Building.
Crewdson is known for producing "large-scale, elaborately constructed photographs taken in and around the town of Pittsfield, Massachusetts, where the Crewdson family has forever had a small log cabin in the woods," according to a 2008 New York magazine story.
His work has been included in many public collections, most notably th e Museum of Modern Art, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Whitney Museum ofAmerican Art, the Brooklyn Museum, the Los Angeles County Museum and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art. A retrospective of his work, spanning his career from 1985-2005 was shown as a traveling exhibition from 2005-2008 at major museums around Europe. Another traveling exhibition was featured in February 2011 at the Kulturhuset Museum, Stockholm, followed by Sorte Diamant, Copenhagen and Berlin, among others.
His many awards include the Skowhegan Medal for Photography, a National Endowment for the Arts Visual Artists Fellowship, and the Aaron Siskind Fellowship.
Skidmore's Malloy Visiting Artist Lecture Series annually brings to campus a distinguished contemporary artist of international stature. The series is endowed by artist Susan Rabinowitz Malloy, who earned a B.S. degree in art from Skidmore in 1945.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
More Skidmore News News Articles
Recent Skidmore News News Articles
Discuss This Article
MOST POPULAR SKIDMORE NEWS NEWS
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST SKIDMORE NEWS NEWS
RECENT SKIDMORE NEWS CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?